- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
SEA Prototyping Team, major activities are producing prototypes with the latest rapid prototyping technology .This is an In-Laboratory position.
- You are fully responsible to carry out the CADCAM Programming & setup the advanced CNC machining operation.
- This position will focus on producing prototypes and modification activities by using the CNC machineries – 3axis, 5axis, and CNC lathe.
- You are SLS , SLA and FDM ,3D Printing, vacuum casting and also, metrology measurement technology to ensure prototypes are within required specification.
- Hand skills and other hand work techniques are required in Workshop to assemble, modify and machining the prototypes.
- You are also responsible to support and carry out the in-house conventional machining – milling and lathe activities to meet project time plan.
- You need to ensure the qualities of work are within required specifications.
- You need to support and carry out inventory control at your area.
- Work with minimum supervision and report status to line manager.
- Communicate effectively to all level within organization.
- Continue to support the improvement on machines usage and efficiency.
- Carry out the machines preventive maintenance schedule / plan.
- Carry out the schedule waste procedures.
- You are responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of rapid prototyping machines in workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
- Arrange delivery, receive, pack, unpack and check all prototyping samples.
- Candidate must possess at least a recognized diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering or any degree program focused on CADCAM technology.
- Valuable knowledge and usage of college level algebra, trigonometry, manual drafting 2D and 3D CAD, production processes, manual programming of computer controlled production machines as well as using CNC software (CAM – NX7.5 and above, hyperMILL, Delcam, Mastercam, ESPRIT) to program such machines is a recommended.
- Must have between 4 - 5 years of working experiences in CADCAM technology or any other advanced CNC machining environment.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Competent in basic Ms Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*