- Competitive with a good benefits package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We are proud to be authentic, different and pioneers. We are driven by a desire to solve real problems and improve everyday lives with intuitive solutions that do more but use less. Family owned, we are not restricted by conventional thinking; we explore, discover and learn for ourselves. Never satisfied, we believe everything can always be made better.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced CNC CAD/CAM Machinist to join our team to help us produce parts across our entire product portfolio. The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
· Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
· Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Organize material inventory by checking stock levels to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
· Excellent knowledge and experienced in Advanced drafting with 3D CAD production processes. Conversational programming of CNC machines as well as using CNC CAD/CAM software (Siemens NX, hyperMILL, Delcam, Mastercam, ESPRIT) to program such machines.
· Sets-up both manual and CNC milling machines & lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets chucks, special purpose work holding and machine vices.
· Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and risk assessments.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; liaising with contractors for general repairs, build a record of the service history for each machine tool.
· Final quality part inspection: Document measurement data by completing measurement inspection reports with the aid of the Metrology department.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attend training courses to continuous advancements in experience and knowledge.
· Determine the fixtures, attachments and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications, Setup jobs using DTI & Probes prior to machining.
· Discuss project specifications with engineers and leaders to guarantee consistency between plans and products, and collaborate to modify designs when existing ones are not feasible
· Oversee cutting process, make adjustments if required throughout each job, catch mistakes as they happen and learn from them when they do.
· Part Delivery Management – All machine parts to be delivered within the lead time set by the design team. When lead times are not going to be met you will be expected to use good communication to inform leadership & planners.
· Inspect all finished products for accuracy and uniformity to ensure product quality and uphold company reputation
· Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks to ensure machine longevity, including lubrication, cleaning and tool replacement.
- You will have a minimum 4 years post Apprenticeship working experience in CAD/CAM & Advanced CNC machining industries or working knowledge of core discipline.
- Educated to Min NVQ Level 3 Advanced Engineering.
- Higher level user of G and M codes & NC Programming
- Higher level knowledge & experience of Conventional and CNC machining technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline.
- Familiar with CAD/CAM programming, interpreting CNC Software (Siemens NX Preferable but not essential)
- Familiarity with Fanuc, Siemens & Hurco Winmax CNC Control Systems
- Must have good written & verbal communication skills
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities
- To train other Machinists, providing on-the-job training. Provide leadership to inexperienced machinist.
This role has a 39-hour working week, with flexible start times between 07:30 and 08:30, and finish times between 16:00 and 17:00.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.