- Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- To carry out digital radiography and CT scan operations, perform post processing analysis on CT scan data according to RDD team requirement, example metrology, CAD comparison, porosity analysis, automated inspection, failure analysis, dimensional analysis).
- Helping RDD engineering and technology teams with failure analysis, product development, R&D and production level projects.
- Lead the metrology team, actively support engineering in measuring and testing by utilizing all available facilities (Measurement systems – CMM, Smart Scope, Tensile machine, HSC, and other precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment).
- Maintains a record system of the calibration status of each gauge or instrument calibrated.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to problems and related to metrology & measurement systems discipline – Inspections, Analysis, Testing, Documentation.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed attention to engineering drawings, and 3D models to establish inspection criteria and measurement implementation.
- Facilitates and coordinates continuous improvement plans with respect to inspection activities.
- Strong project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track multiple projects and processes simultaneously to meet time plan.
· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or any other Engineering Degree with related equivalent experience in Digital Radiography and Computed Tomography (CT) equipment.
· Experience with digital radiography and advanced CT courses or any ASNT test will be an added advantage.
· Knowledge of X-rays principals.
· Working and operating experience with
· CT analytical software such as Volume Graphics
· Statistical methods for DOE’s, Gage R&Rs, Uncertainty studies.
· CAD/CAM software (Unigraphic, Solidworks, AutoCAD or similar)
· Advanced understanding of DR and CT X-ray imaging, material interactions, and X-ray physics.
· Strong metrology background including solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
· Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025, ISO9001 preferred; familiarization with calibration and testing laboratory auditing will be an added advantage.
· Meet short timelines.
plastic / metal part design and process would be an advantage
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.