- Facilities, Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing at a rapid pace. This pace of change means that we are experiencing a huge increase in development both at our Malmesbury Campus and our new Hullavington Campus. This growth in activity means that we are looking for Capital Project Managers with experience of delivery of large construction projects to join our team.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the scoping, analysing, designing and delivering of complex and diverse Capital Projects from inception to completion in a timely manner.
- The Project Manager will be expected to challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- The Project Manager will act as the principal point of contact and will be expected to contribute to the establishment and management of effective partnerships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including consultants and delivery partners who will provide professional and technical advice and expertise.
- The position is office-based, either at Malmesbury or Hullavington but may also involve some travel to other Dyson properties & sites.
- Hold a relevant Degree in design, engineering, construction or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Have a detailed expert knowledge of the management and delivery of complex capital projects with the ability to demonstrate project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- A detailed knowledge and experience of the management and delivery of complex capital projects is essential together with knowledge and experience of the site development process including project development and design. The post also requires experience of the preparation of project briefs as well as the appointment and management of external consultants and contractors.
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales is essential to ensure project delivery.
- Preparation of project briefs and the appointment and management of external consultants
- Excellent team working skills with proven experience of leading teams and successful partnering with third party suppliers and stakeholders i.e. designers, statutory and regulatory bodies, consultants and contractors.
- Excellent numerical skills including the ability to manage budgets and ensure financial propriety
- Relevant experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Proven ability to bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit projects and apply initiative and strategic awareness to problem solving and decision making.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants