- £Competitive + bonus
- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
An experienced Capital Project Manager is required to analyse, design and deliver a complex and diverse portfolio of Capital Projects from inception to completion across Dyson’s UK Estate portfolio.
- Have a sufficient level of understanding to be able to communicate the projects and wider programme status to senior management and stakeholders.
- Be able to challenge Project scope and key requirements when required.
- Own and drive larger organisation-wide Capital delivery programmes within or across specialist areas within the UK to meet established operational targets.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams and third party organisations to ensure effective and timely input.
- Resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Manage, govern and organisation project related information.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Team management of a small team of Project Managers.
The Project Manager will be required to deliver against a loose and changeable brief. Skills in managing projects and stakeholders in a dynamic and fast paced environment will be critical to the role.
- Holds a Relevant Degree (design, engineering, construction) or equivalent.
- Holds formal project management qualifications (PMP / PRINCE2 / AGILE) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Proven team people management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence at all seniority levels.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of design and construction processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project cycle.
- Planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Proven ability to apply initiative and strategic awareness to problem solving and decision making.
Creativity and Innovation
- Think and act strategically in problem solving and decision making in a complex political and business environment.
- Develop, maintain and manage systems, policies, procedures and / or standards within specialist area whose outcomes can affect council wide approaches / business.
- Consult with service users / stakeholders to understand issues and challenges and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Drive the UK Capital Projects delivery strategy.
Office based, but may involve some travelling to other Dyson properties/ sites.
- Performance related bonus
- 27 days annual leave
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports Centre & free on-site gym
- Casual dress code
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- Regular team based social events
- Great career progression opportunities