- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleAs an Assistant Category Manager – SEA, you will support in brand building, product and marketing communication strategy for all Dyson product categories, with key focus in Malaysia market.
The candidate will be required to have good knowledge of Malaysia market, with ability to work closely and collaboratively across internal functions to deliver business goals, volumes and profit contribution, as well as with external partners such as media agencies, creative agencies, and Distributor teams to execute marketing plans.
This role will also manage Environmental Care category in SEA together with the EC category lead, through close collaboration with key stakeholders in global, regional and local teams, ensuring timely delivery of assets and campaign readiness.
Go-To-Market for Malaysia, all categories
- Work alongside the MY market lead in media planning with local Mindshare team and key media partners to provide insights, refine media execution and post-campaign analysis, to continuously sharpen the media strategy, driving incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Identify and align with the marketing team any consumer and market knowledge gaps, review key data points on a regular basis (GfK, store surveys, sales reports, search trends, Brand Health tracking, etc) to monitor market growth or competitor threats, and to inform go-to-market plans and tactics
- Management and execution of paid contents (i.e. branded content, advertorials and influencer campaigns) including strategy, agency management, partner selection, content development, media buying, budgeting and reporting.
- Collaborating with other markets to develop regionally relevant campaigns (e.g. Raya campaign) and develop assets per market needs (e.g. Out-Of-Home ads)
- Budgeting and spends management to ensure profitability targets are delivered
- Playing brand guardian and guiding Distributor team and third parties, ensuring they are on brand
- Work closely with the Global and APAC Environmental Care team, to formulate the overall Environmental Care category strategy and to support portfolio management across finished goods and accessories (i.e. filters), to deliver Environmental Care category growth for SEA.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute go-to-market strategies, ongoing support and plans including new product launches, advertising creative, channel strategies, pricing, promotions etc.
- Manage the category portfolio through a full understanding of product lines and ancillaries, market nuances, channel plays, marketing investment and demand generation.
- Monitor competitor and market analysis for the Environmental Care category, including product and claims analysis, to identify opportunities and develop counter strategies
- Support competitor testing and research needs, if any
- Assess, manage and grow the Environmental Care category business performance by working closely and collaboratively with internal functions to develop joint strategies and providing the SEA markets with guidance on perfect execution for Environmental Care
- Work with internal teams and distributors to ensure all on-product and in-box communication is fine tuned to drive sales and communicate brand and machine benefits.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders in the Global team to ensure alignment on plans
- Build effective relationships & working processes with key stakeholders within the Malaysia Distributor team to ensure seamless execution of business plans.
- Work alongside the MY market lead to manage and approve distributor-led local marketing communication plans, assets and activation initiatives including direct store activities, in-mall ads, consumer events and roadshow communications.
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours
About youExperience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field preferred
- 4-5 years marketing experience required, ideally in product/brand marketing
- Understanding and experience in omni-channel marketing is a pre-requisite to this role
- Good understanding of Malaysia’s media landscape, KOLs, cultural nuances and working experience with / in Malaysia, is a bonus for this role.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is a pre-requisite for this role;
- Ability to read and translate Malay and Mandarin, is a bonus for this role.
- A visible passion for Dyson, technology and engineering
- Strong ability to engage, influence and motivate key internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
- Problem Solver – must be able to critically analyze and tackle problems, as well as to present viable solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Fast learner – ability to manage complexity and a fast business pace
- Broad thinker with strong business acumen and analytical skills - ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate resilience with a never-say-die attitude and a strong desire to win
- Strong communication skills – ability to present information both written and oral clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly and confidently to all levels within Dyson.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.