- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleAs an Assistant Category Manager – SEA, you will support in the brand building, product and marketing communication strategy for all Dyson product categories in Thailand market.
The role requires strong knowledge in Thailand market understanding, marketing communication including digital campaigns, familiarity with KOL management and content creation, a proven record of delivering and executing excellent insight-led campaigns, ability to work independently with attention to details.
You will also be responsible for supporting the development of SEA Floorcare category plans and strategies, range management, pricing and product positioning. You will assist with all facets of bringing product to market.
This is a newly created role in the SEA organization and will report to the Category Lead, SEA. Develop Marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes for Thailand market
- Work alongside the TH market lead in media planning with local Mindshare team and key media partners to provide insights, refine media execution and post-campaign analysis, to continuously sharpen the media strategy, driving incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Identify and align with the marketing team any consumer and market knowledge gaps, review key data points on a regular basis (GfK, store surveys, sales reports, search trends, Brand Health tracking, etc) to monitor market growth or competitor threats, and to inform go-to-market plans and tactics
- Management and execution of all paid content (i.e. advertorials and influencer campaigns) including strategy, agency management, content development, media buying, budgeting and reporting
- Budgeting and spends management to ensure profitability targets are delivered
- Effectively manage key external agencies – production, media, research agency, etc.
- Possess execution flairs. Collaborate with other teams such as PR, Retail, Sales, Creative
- Work effectively with Thai Distributor team to ensure the strategies and plans are turned into flawless execution
- Work closely with the Global Floorcare team, alongside the Regional Category Lead, to formulate the overall Floorcare category strategy and to support portfolio management, range planning, product differentiation strategy across various sales channels, to deliver category growth for SEA
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute go-to-market strategies, ongoing support and plans including new product launches, advertising creative, channel strategies, pricing, promotions etc.
- Manage the category portfolio through a full understanding of product lines and ancillaries, market nuances, channel plays, marketing investment and demand generation
- Monitor competitor and market analysis for the Floorcare category, to identify opportunities and develop counter strategies and compelling claims to win in SEA.
- Ensure marketing communication messages resonates with the target consumer. Proactively propose new ideas and messages to improve engagement and relevancy, including regional differences in SEA markets
- Assess, manage and grow the Floorcare category business performance by working closely and collaboratively with internal functions to develop joint strategies and providing the SEA markets with guidance on perfect execution for Floorcare
- Work with internal teams and distributors to ensure all on-product and in-box communication is fine tuned to drive sales and communicate brand and machine benefits.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders in the Global team to ensure alignment on plans
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours
About youCandidates will have the following personal characteristics:
- Creative + Entrepreneurial
- Fast Paced + Professional Discipline
- Resilient + Able to Handle ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required
- 4-5 years brand marketing experience required; preferably from consumer brand, home appliances or technology industries. Prior experience in a media agency a plus
- Experience and familiarity of Thailand including key channels and media platforms a pre-requisite to this role.
- Understanding omni-channel marketing and prior experience in consumer research and insight building a pre-requisite for this role.
- A visible passion for Dyson, technology and engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit - able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Ability to demonstrate resilience with a never-say-die attitude and a strong desire to win
- Problem Solving - must be able to critically analyse problems and present viable solutions
- Strong communication skills - ability to present information both written and oral clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly and confidently to all levels within Dyson.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is a pre-requisite for this role. Knowledge of Thai language written and spoken a plus.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.