- Salary depends on experience and credentials
- Toronto - Canada
Who we are
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
In Canada, the Dyson office opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people focussed on getting Dyson technology in the hands of Canadians. Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you are a newly qualified CPA or in the final stages of obtaining the designation. In this role you will work in partnership with the Marketing and Finance Directors to accurately report and control all brand investment for Dyson Canada.
Specifically, you will -
· Support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for all brand investment.
· Prepare accurate month end financial statements for brand investment budgets.
· Support the Commercial Finance Manager in providing financial control, analysis and insight to the Marketing Director on all brand investment and marketing expenditure, including ROI analysis and brand spend evaluation.
· Lead monthly meetings with marketing brand managers on budget review, identify risks and opportunities and suggest Gap closing plans
· Act as a business partner for brand managers including producing monthly P&Ls, understanding of building blocks, quarterly business reviews and overall support of category financials.
- Identify process and cost optimization opportunities across the business
- Play a key role in critical projects that impact both the finance team and the broader organization.
You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
What we're looking for
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who –
· Has a university degree, with a finance or accounting concentration
· Has obtained a recognized accounting qualification or in the in the final stages of working towards it
· Has 2+ years’ experience in finance
· Is able to demonstrate advanced analytical skills in MS Excel and SAP
· Has a proven understanding of commercial finance
· Is able to build strong relationships across the business
· Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Finds process improvements and efficiencies
· Manages time exceptionally well, is able to balance and execute multiple priorities
· Has high attention to detail and accuracy
· Identifies creative solutions to business problems
· Acts as a role model for Dyson Behaviours and the Dyson Spirit
BenefitsDyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities