- Vienna - Austria
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 in Malmesbury, UK. Over 15,000 people, including James Dyson himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. It's all about better ideas and better technologies to solve everyday problems.
We are accelerating across Israel and Central and Emerging Europe (CEE). In support of this our marketing team is expanding to ensure we have the capabilities and scale to deliver ambitious awareness plans and excellent owner experience across our technology and market portfolio.
About the role
The Category Manager is crucial in building awareness of Dyson technologies. Reporting to the CEE Marketing Manager and together with a counterpart Category Manager, this team will build awareness and experiences across our consumer categories. The successful candidate will be based in our Distributor Centre of Excellence in Vienna and will work closely with colleagues there to execute plans across 7 distributors and 18 countries, to include Israel, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary and Greece.
- Lead delivery of big
marketing plans for CEE, working closely with the cross functional team in Vienna
to ensure coherence across the full consumer journey. In particular:
- With our Dyson market Business Development leaders to ensure alignment and prioritisation of marketing activities according to commercial objectives
- With our Dyson Digital and PR teams, to ensure a seamless journey across touchpoints and ensuring alignment on big country and category plays
- With our Distributor teams who are physically in market – working together as one team with us
- Execute and drive marketing campaigns, from briefing through delivery and reporting and optimization. This requires close collaboration with head office in UK and with appointed vendors and localization of assets
- Proactively input into Joint Business Plans (JBP) with distributors and retail partners, shaping sell-in meetings and execution of campaigns
- Track and monitor progress, using sales and share data, awareness and other measures. Provide view of key risks and opportunities and develop mitigation plans. Report back in regular, structured reviews.
- Ensuring every category and campaign is executed with excellence at all consumer touch points
- Drive activity in our distributor sales teams in-market execute perfectly and ensure they have the information & knowledge to explain and sell Dyson machines to third party retailers and their consumers.
- Drive market & category specific projects & provide general support to the Marketing manager for the full breadth of Dyson’s marketing activity across CEE
- Support and drive compliance according to the Dyson Selective Distribution framework, preparing teams to be compliant, then measuring performance and taking action to correct where necessary
- 4+ of experience in related environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Fluency in English plus one or more CEE languages is desirable – including, but not limited to Hebrew, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian or Greek.
- Tech-savvy with strong commercial acumen, project management and analytical skills – knowledge in Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Google Suite (Analytics) required. Experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) and project management (PM) systems is desirable.
- Proven ability to juggle a large workload, set appropriate priorities and someone who is focused on delivering to plan.
- Previous tenure in retail or consumer brands in tech and home appliances an advantage
‘Wiener Linien’ Annual Traveling ticket
Performance related bonus
Discount on Dyson machines
25 vacation days
Fresh fruits, coffee and refreshments
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.