- Energy storage, Research Engineering
- sn16 0rp, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson requires a skilled and highly motivated test technician to help it achieve its battery ambitions and support its RDD characterisation activities.
Accountabilities• Set up and run testing to support performance, lifetime, safety and mechanical characterisation of battery cells. • Take responsibility for hands on tasks including the production of small to medium sized parts and rigs for testing. • Programme battery cyclers, thermal chambers and battery abuse testing rigs • Support with the development of test methodology, including the design and optimisation of Jigs and equipment where necessary. • Collate data and generate summary test reports • Ensure all the relevant documents; process, COSHH, methodology and data records are updated as required. • Ensure safe disassembly of test samples after cycling and equipment is maintained in a good state of health. • Assist monitoring and replenishment of lab consumables items as required. • Assist with safe disposal and storage of spent chemicals and test samples. • Take responsibility for organising routine maintenance, stock checks and replenishment and ordering of laboratory consumables.
SkillsEducation and experience:
• Experience of working in a workshop environment • Hardworking and keen to learn • Good track record for attention to detail • Methodical approach to work • Good organisational and planning skills • Strong problem solving skills exemplified by the ability to diagnose and rectify problems • Good written and verbal communication • An understanding and experience of good lab practice, including health and safety, COSHH and risk assessments
• Degree in a physical science discipline (e.g. Physics; Electrical Engineering; Chemistry) • Experience of working in laboratory environment • Ideally experience working in a battery testing environment
Essential behavioural skills:
• Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail • Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format • To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner • Ability to identify and solve problems independently • Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks • Excellent team working skills.