- Energy storage, Manufacturing and tooling, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
AccountabilitiesAn experienced Materials Scientist/Engineer with significant experience in the fields of physical and electrochemical characterisation of materials. A scientist working in any of the following industries; solar, electronics, speciality materials, OLED, fuel-cell or battery industries would be particularly suited to the role.
• Degree or postgraduate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• Significant experience developing methods for the physical, structural and electrochemical characterisation of materials and devices.
• Has used analytical skills to develop a product/idea/process from concept to technology demonstration.
• Has used analytical skill and insight gained from materials characterisation to influence product or process improvement.
• Post-graduate degree
• Knowledge of analytical techniques used for the characterisation of battery materials (XRD, XPS, ICP-MS, Raman, SEM…etc)
• Experience of Battery material development and test cell assembly (Anodes/ Cathodes/Electrolytes)
• Experience of working with Air sensitive, unstable or pyrophoric compounds
• Familiarity with Risk Assessment, COSHH, HAZOP processes
• Experience of working in Hazardous & complex environments, (e.g. dry / explosive / particulate / vapour)
• Confident in Data acquisition & Processing – Scientific in understanding but engineering in mind-set.
• Proficient in MS Office packages including Excel
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidized café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines