- Claims and Insights, Communications
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Be responsible for all claims, methods, testing and evidence for one or more Dyson product categories. Build expertise in those categories, know the technology.
- Develop the claim substantiation strategy for each project from early milestones and work with RDD to tune product specs and validate suitable test methods
- Represent Dyson at International Standards working groups such as IEC or ASTM. Formulate and agree Dyson position on individual issues. Use RDD resource to generate data for meetings to qualify our position.
- Assist local markets in designing region-specific research with local partner organisations to facilitate new product endorsement/advocacy or novel claims
Coach commercial managers in local advertising law requirements, and limitations and constraints on substantiation and subsequent claim language
Horizon-scan for opportunities for new endorsement partners/schemes or Dyson product advocates. Identify credible partners and develop scheme structure, negotiate costs, and build in stretching targets to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson
Identify and commission external test houses capable of running standard tests and bespoke methods as new product categories come online. Develop working practices, including job tracking and test scheduling and ensure timely, cost-effective and accurate delivery of reports
Attend calls and meetings with external legal counsel to explain complex detail of Dyson technologies, test methods and comparative data that supports our claims prior to launch or in defence of challenges
Represent Dyson as expert technical witness in court or depositions
Attend weekly category cross-team meetings with senior managers to represent CSI issues and opinion
Attend senior management reviews to provide testing and standards insight and to challenge their opinion/suggestions
- Degree qualified (engineering/ science/ numerate area) or equivalent experience.
- Good numeracy skills and demonstrable ability to analyse data.
- Resourceful, bright and engaging. Can devise creative ways to deliver potentially ‘dull’ or ‘complicated’ technical detail to a broad range of customers.
- Working knowledge and experience of domestic appliances or expertise in specific components/areas thereof would be a distinct advantage
- Good at identifying key themes and opportunities and at the right time narrowing down and polishing ideas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in science and engineering
- Excellent prioritisation skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in high pressure environments
- Excellent organisational and planning skills – able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Professional/discreet/loyal and diligent/conscientious
- Adaptable – able to hold their own in a wide range of meetings and scenarios
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint/presentation skills advantageous.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines