- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be a dedicated Cloud / Backend Software Engineer (Advanced) who is passionate about Lean Software Development and code craftsmanship, who is happy to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries.
By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start-up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2019 and beyond are even more exciting.
If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
Internet connected products is a growing area for Dyson where we aim to continue are reputation of being innovative and disruptive.
We’re building world-class cross functional agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space.
You ll be working to create a world-class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside other engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Develop new features and extending existing platform using C#, NodeJS, Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- Support and coach software developers through advice, guidance and pairing
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites e. g. Atlassian JIRA/Stash
- Steer and guide the direction of development in order to assist platform growth and feature enrichment
- Partner with your team mates to have ownership of the deployment of code through test environments towards production and the handling of any issues that arise
- Experienced software developer in C#, NodeJS or Java
- Broad knowledge of software development processes
- Good understanding of DevOps practices and have used them to build CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and development of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure or Docker-based container management systems
- Strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, performance testing, mocking and contract interfaces
- Experience of design and implementation using SOLID principles, design patterns and architectures
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines