- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be joining the Cloud Robot Team. You and your team will be building and maintaining Cloud software for all of Dyson’s Robot products - past, present and future. You will be using Node.js, C# and Python – whatever is right for the job – to run in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. You will be collaborating with teams across Dyson to deliver the right solution for the customer.
You will also be driving forward the architecture and processes that will allow Dyson to take today’s and tomorrow’s problems in its stride. Internet connected products are the future of Dyson. We’re putting together world-class software engineering teams who are helping to build innovative and disruptive products. We are using the latest technology and techniques to deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. We already have 1 million machines in the field, sending 100 million messages per day to the cloud. But this is just the start.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity. With big ambitions comes big challenges and the only way we are going to meet these challenges is with diverse teams with a breadth of skills, experiences and backgrounds. At Dyson you will always be judged on the basis of merit and potential.
- Designing, building, testing and running software in production
- Developing, testing and deploying distributed applications
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Evolving team practices and tooling towards continuous delivery
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in building production quality software
- Experience with automated testing
- Outstanding communication skills
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and yearly pay rises
- Pension scheme
- Ever expanding list of perks
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Financial rewards are just the start of the benefits of a Dyson career. It’s an exciting, faced paced environment geared towards fuelling and realising ambition so we also provide, professional growth with paid subscriptions to Pluralsight, leadership development and new opportunities abound, a continuous development culture driven by regular reviews, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit