- Bristol - United Kingdom
Internet connected products is a growing area for Dyson where we aim to continue are reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of technical leads allowing them to make decisions to develop their team and ways of working.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated cloud/backend Technical Lead who is passionate about Lean & Agile software development to lead and grow a team of likeminded engineers in Dyson’s rapidly expanding IoT platform engineering group. You will be responsible for defining world-class technology, processes and team behaviours to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
- Provide daily technical leadership and coaching to the team to allow them to become skilled at their craft and deliver high quality consistently
- With other technical leads, define and implement an evolutionary architecture which leverages latest AWS services to deliver fast, robust and secure solutions
- Detailed design and code reviews to ensure consistency, quality and direction.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to define acceptance criteria and measure velocity.
- Team design, recruitment and performance management.
- Hands-on cutting code pairing with other members of the development team, especially to spike new technologies, and to establish approaches and patterns.
- Expert in Lean Agile software development.
- Evangelist for code craftsmanship, design patterns, clean code and XP
- Proven track record of designing, building and maintaining scalable systems
- Proponent for TDD, BDD, load and contract testing
- Strong ability to lead and coach happy teams to deliver quality at high velocity
- Skilled and passionate about Continuous Delivery, and cloud deployment automation.
- Excellent and current programming skills in C#, Node JS or Java – this is a hands-on coding role.
- Experience of working in high performing agile teams with Scrum or Kanban
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines