- Cologne - Germany
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
In this role based in Cologne you will report into the DACHP Commercial Finance Manager and play an essential role in making sure our financial resources are best used to maximise profitable growth across the markets within the cluster. The role provides exposure to leadership in the markets and cluster. The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the commercial team within the markets to provide accurate cost forecasts, understand performance drivers, ensure accuracy of cost captured in the P&L and deliver insightful analysis that supports commercial decisions.
About the role
- Support the forecasting / budgeting of BBI costs end-to-end from alignment with management to loading in the systems.
- Be the primary interface with DBS (Shared Service Centre) to develop a detailed understanding of all BBI costs, ensuring actual-to-forecast variances are understood.
- Make sure all costs are captured in the right channel so that effective channel profitability analysis is possible.
- Play an important role in the month-end and year-end processes by providing monthly estimates prior to close as well as ensuring that the right accruals are made.
· Min 3 years of experience of working in a high performing organisation ideally in the Retail or FMCG industry
· Commercial Finance / Business partnering experience and ability to build strong relationships
· Expertise in P&L management and can demonstrate financial expertise
· Business or Economics Degree
· Short-term and longer-term strategic planning capability Analytical ability - comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meanful insight and conclusions, using this to influence decision making. Competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised sport activities
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- On-site parking
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Flexible working hours
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.