- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe Cluster Financial Controller will be responsible for:
Period End Closing
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely close for the North Asia entities (Greater China, Japan, Korea) assigned ensuring compliance to the relevant accounting standards
- Lead month-end P&L meetings, have discussions on the financials with Market FDs and follow-up on actions raised
Balance Sheet Integrity
- Take full accountability for the timely and accurate preparation of the balance sheet reconciliations
- Approve the Balance Sheet reconciliation and able to provide explanations related to the accounts
- Conduct regular BS reviews with Market FDs and prompt follow-up on action items
- Analyze the financial statements and highlighting risks, opportunities and areas of focus to Market, and maintain healthy balance sheet position
- Review reports that are sent to the Markets and provide insights and informative commentary to Market FDs
- Ensure accurate preparation of the Cashflow Forecast, conducts meeting with Market FDs and Treasury team to discuss details and improve on process
- Review and ensure proper controls are in place for all processes responsible for
- Implement the global process and ensure compliance to internal controls are implemented and monitored
- Provide support/information for the of annual Statutory Accounts and annual Tax submission within the timelines as shared by external auditors
- Work with Markets to deliver Group & External Audit Requirements such as Statutory Disclosures and total tax contributions
- Key attendee of the weekly / monthly / quarterly meetings with our external auditors and local GAAP accounts providers (KPMG) as the representative for North Asia Entities
- Collaborate with Regional tax team to resolve the tax issues and provide the support for tax audits
- Work proactively with RTR SMEs on continuous improvement projects
- Embrace and lead process/system change.
- Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required.
- Coach and train the team members to ensure team members have relevant and updated knowledge in the areas they are responsible for
- Partnering with FD / Head of Finance in each market, to discuss opportunities/issues and stay abreast of any new development that may impact DBS
- Act as a single point of contact for market FDs for issues related to DBS services
- Identify and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets.
- University degree (Business / Finance / Economy / Management)
- Solid knowledge of accounting, reporting and analysis, acquired through related work experience
- Good knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel a must
- Preferable experience in Blackline
- Exhibit the customer centric mindset and the ability to manage tasks with competing priorities to meet the demands from customers
- Highly motivated, deadline driven, result focused and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong process & project management skills; lean six sigma qualification is a plus
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- 10 years experience in the area of RTR with people management responsibilities
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.