- Energy storage, Manufacturing and tooling, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Applicants for this particular role must have significant experience in the aforementioned areas, specifically to the development of critical processes ready for pilot scale manufacture. This role will involve:
• The planning and operation of a number of roll to roll vacuum deposition systems
• The safe operation of the equipment, including developing procedures and processes for coatings development, improvements, economic and uptime enhancements.
• Guiding quality and driving for highest yields and conformity.
• Working with partners and internal engineers to rapidly prototype solutions for trial & verification
The successful applicant would be expected to :
• Develop concepts, prove out key technologies and demonstrate the system feasibility
• Prove the production intent solution and create suitable documentation prior to handover to the manufacturing teams and partners
• Demonstrate solutions are safe, robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis
• Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• 2 Years’ direct experience developing processes or products based on physical vapour deposition technology
o Has operated coatings equipment at R&D or plant level o Has developed / installed technologies for enhancing coatings
• Hands on Engineering, demonstrated solving problems in a time and value critical way
• Project progression – Has demonstrated taken a product/idea/process from research (early phase) through to prototype on a number of occasions o Process Development for manufacture including demonstrated decision influencing.
o Product & process engineering for quality & value with demonstrated improvements
• Vacuum (UHV & HV) engineering, assembly, design, maintenance
o System layout & sub-assembly design
o Thin Film Deposition technology developments (Sputtering / Thermal Evap / Induction)
• Design & construction of development and Pilot-Line equipment
o Batch & continuous processes (Roll to Roll)
o Multi-stage unit operations; timings & work-flow o Hazardous & complex environments, (e.g. dry / explosive / particulate / vapour) • Construction of test facilities - Metal working, assembly, design (CAD), electronics
• Data acquisition & Processing – Scientific in understanding but engineering in mind-set.
o Proficient in MS Office including Excel
o Statistical process control – Lean Six Sigma type approaches.
• Battery material development
• Experienced CAD user / designer
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidized café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines