- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the roleThe role is one that balances focus on driving further local market success but through global reporting lines and prioritization. Local market understanding is essential in guiding global business decision making and is required to ensure all new Dyson products meet local business expectations. We are looking for a curious, passionate and a consumer focused Commercial Insight Manager who will be responsible for creating, analyzing and interpreting a program of upstream research and insight that is clearly aligned to business objectives, enabling Dyson to make more informed decisions throughout the product and proposition development process. Working in a fast-paced environment, the role holder will have a forensic approach to analyzing data and a flair for storytelling results, being able to clearly and concisely summarize key findings and make actionable recommendations to stakeholders up to board level.
- To be the voice of the US consumer for the Global Insight team, while also supporting with research projects outside of US where required.
- To maintain strong relationships with the US local teams and the global insights community; helping answer questions and to ensure clear communication of NPD learnings at the appropriate stages.
- To design, deploy and report on a program of upstream research, utilizing expertise to ensure the use of the most appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques and methods.
- To inspire an insight driven mindset to new product claims development, consulting with local and global teams to ensure claims hold true to the insight from initial development through to launch.
- To co-ordinate with external research suppliers, recruitment agencies and facility owners when setting up new research and to oversee associated fieldwork.
- To ensure all new research briefs are challenged and optimized to minimize duplication and to drive greater project value.
- To utilize the global insight platform ‘Searchable Insight’ to curate US based insight and to communicate relevant content to engineering and commercial stakeholders.
- To challenge the status quo of existing processes and methodologies to drive more impact of the Insight team across the business.
- To collaborate effectively with Engineering research functions to ensure joined-up outputs and an aligned point of view.
- To collaborate effectively with members of the Global insight team and other Centre’s of Excellence around the globe.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience working in a Market Research / Insight function (ideally across both agency and client side).
- Ideally minimum 2 years’ experience within consumer electronics / consumer goods industries.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/ Advanced/ Higher/ Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Marketing related subject, numerate degree or equivalent.
- Must be able to travel extensively within the region to execute fieldwork and occasionally to the UK office.
- Experienced in the use of qualitative and quantitative research and insight, with expertise across a wide range of techniques.
- Practical experience of utilizing an array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies.
- Experienced in survey design, discussion guide development, sampling techniques and data handling.
- Ideally previous experience of moderating focus groups and one on one interviews (but not essential).
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, and to be able to quickly identify key themes and opportunities from the data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
- Highly motivated self-starter; able to pick things up and happy to explore opportunities without a rigid framework or direct supervision - especially important given the role will be based remotely from UK team
- Adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges and able to pick things up quickly. Open minded and not wedded to traditional ways of doing things.
- Able to nurture relationships; manage stakeholders within the local market, and also long-distance relationships with Global teams.
- Confident in communicating to senior stakeholders and having influence on decisions.
- Resourceful, bright and engaging. Can devise creative ways to deliver insight to a broad range of customers.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills – able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Excellent prioritization skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in the most constructive way.
- Confident in working for a technology lead company. Engineering always comes first.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.