- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Bringing this new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing. Clarity of message. Vast reach. And engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketers develop powerful claims through scientific research. From traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, we seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
AccountabilitiesThis role takes ownership of launching new products within an exciting new sub-category in Dyson Floorcare. You’ll plan, develop and execute the new product’s communication strategy, focusing on the launch campaign and additional campaign waves throughout the first year post-launch. To do so, you’ll collaborate with and pull on the expertise of colleagues in a mix of functions (including creative, retail, digital, PR, advertising, claims and engineering).
You’ll bring fresh ideas, and deliver innovation in our marketing to match the innovation in our machines.
1. Define the global launch campaign strategy. a. Work with the Senior Commercial Manager to align new products with the category’s commercial strategy.b. Work alongside the Product Manager, engineering and claims team to identify campaign opportunities and ensure the specification of our products will enable the product to succeed in market.c. Work with the wider commercial team to confirm product ranges by market and get stakeholder agreement on key product details.2. Develop the strategy into a cohesive global campaign.a. Partner with NPD creative team to identify the right visual identity, lead creative and messaging stack for new products, ensuring complex engineering stories are distilled into relatable consumer messages and that we build on Dyson’s strong, distinctive tone-of-voice.b. Regularly meet with engineering leads and the claims/competitor teams to analyse pre-production product performance, key competitor marketing activity, and ensure all creative executions meet our high standards of substantiation.c. Work closely with local marketing teams on the campaign strategy to ensure alignment and regional relevance. 3. Execute the campaign in a best-in-class product launch.a. Collaborate with markets to plan their media strategies and deliver the marketing materials required for launch.b. Complete campaign briefings for the creative channels to enable them to bring the campaign strategy to life through our key channels.c. Partner with Dyson’s in-house production teams to ensure the final marketing materials fully reflect the creative vision.d. Be a key point of contact for the wider Commercial team and local market leads.4. Work with the Media team to get Stakeholder alignment on the campaign scope.a. Partner with the internal advertising and media team to create a global media brief before briefing external media agency.b. Evaluate the media response and roll-out to global markets. Work with the markets to identify any local nuances.c. Partner with the media team and markets to define our target audiences and how we’ll target them.5. Work alongside the Programme Management team to ensure all assets are delivered on time.
- You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable delivering results through large networks of cross-functional teams.
- You’ll have proven experience in product or brand management and a thorough knowledge of traditional, digital and social media.
- You’ll have a track record of challenging the status quo and not be afraid to take smart risks to solve the problems that others choose to ignore.
- You will have experience of driving product strategy on a global scale, and have experience working with international markets.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, and be able to build the credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly.
- You’ll be happy prioritising a large workload, understanding how to manage change and make time-sensitive decisions under pressure.
- You’ll be a champion of using data to drive results.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.