- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing. Clarity of message. Vast reach. And engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketers develop powerful claims through scientific research. And from traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, we seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
AccountabilitiesThe role takes ownership of the development of a new product’s communication focusing on the launch campaign and additional campaign waves throughout the first year post launch. In particular your focus will be on media, ATL assets, social and digital, delivering innovation in our marketing support to match the innovation in our machines. Working closely with a broad range of internal creative & engineering teams, market teams and external agencies the role is critical in ensuring that new products are visible in a cluttered media and retail landscape, that complex engineering stories are distilled into relatable consumer messages, and that we continue to build on the strong, distrinctive tone of voice for Dyson to explain why Dyson.
1. Within the internal phase review process this Commercial Manager will help define the global launch campaign strategy.a. Represent the commercial function in the project readiness level (PRL) reviews completing the information packs in a timely fashion, gaining alignment with the key messages and attending the pre- meetings on behalf of commercialb. Work with the SCM and Product CM to align with the commercial strategyc. Work alongside the Product Manager, engineering teams and claims team to identify campaign opportunities, from both market competition & the product specification and outline headline campaign claims.
2. Work with the Media team to get Stakeholder alignment on the campaign scope. To do this you will:a. Work closely with the internal advertising and media team to create a global media brief before briefing external media agencyb. Evaluate the media response and roll-out to global marketsc. Work with the markets to identify any local nuancesd. Create a definitive asset list in partnership with Programme Management from which to brief the channel creatives and against which you will be expected to deliver marketing materials in line with launch timings (provided by programme management)e. Complete campaign briefings for the creative channels and key global marketing teams
3. Within campaign strategy phase this Commercial manager will partner with the dedicated NPD creative team to identify the right visual identity, lead creative and supporting market specific requirements for the campaign.c. Work with legal and claims to ensure all campaign creative executions meet our high standards of substantiationd. Oversee the development of the project campaign kit and present to market leads.4. Work alongside the Programme team to Work alongside the Programme team to ensure all assets are delivered on time
- Coming in to this role, you will have held a strategic brand management or advertising focused role for a market leading consumer business
- As our Global Brand Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- You will have experience of driving product strategy on a global scale, and have experience working with international markets
- You'll also have a proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and deliver results through aligned business functions
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines