- SGD Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson’s Global Communications Team is charged with storytelling on a global scale, bringing to life Dyson technology, products, people, places and the company philosophy. The department is responsible for public relations, public affairs, internal communications and the James Dyson Award – our international design award for students of design and engineering.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for directing and managing the public relations of Dyson in the APAC region, promoting and sustaining the company’s reputation for high technology, better product performance and our mission to improve daily lives.
With an eye to the future, the Director of Communications will deploy long-term communications narratives that support Dyson’s evolution. Reporting into the Global Director of Product Communications with a dotted line into the President for Dyson in the APAC region, this individual will set and guide the strategy for all communications narratives and ensure the APAC team consistently articulate Dyson’s vision and missions.
About the roleAccountabilities:
- Manage, build and protect the Dyson reputation
- Ensure the public views Dyson positively, challenging mistruths wherever they exist
- Develop narratives for delivery to the APAC region across categories and corporate, ensuring they are well packaged and consistent throughout the organisation
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships with T1 media at a senior, decision making level
- Drive team to develop and maintain strong in-house media and influencer relationships, ensuring Dyson maximises coverage and endorsement opportunities
- Create and launch new campaigns to support new products and communications activities
- Measure success of campaigns and report back to senior leadership
- Ensure that all opportunities for the local Leadership Team, Global Leadership Team and Jake and James Dyson are properly vetted
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies
- Develop branding initiatives both for internal communications and external release
- Determine Communications strategy and department Blueprint ensuring programs are executed to deliver on Communication objectives
- Develop narratives alongside relevant business team or HR for delivery of Dyson culture and business strategy
- Drive Editorial team to develop creative content and rich storytelling for publication in owned channels and other social channels we operate
- Hire, train and develop the communications organization throughout APAC
- Represent APAC on the Global Communications Leadership Team
- Act as a key advisor to the business and leadership teams during issue management or crisis communications scenarios
- Significant experience in Communications, Journalism and/or Social Media
- Experience in building world-class communications teams and developing key talent
- High energy, with the maturity to properly position Communications versus Marketing at both strategic and tactical levels
- Relationship builder, comfortable with operating within a global communications team where many key relationships are international – UK, Singapore and in key Clusters
- Proven track record of delivering best in class communications campaigns and building company awareness
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with the mindset of making each communications campaign different and better versus the last
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional copywriting in English
- Art of the raconteur. Must be able to skilfully tell stories in written, verbal and visual form.
- Experience in crisis communications and successfully navigating reputation threatening issues
- An eye for design
- The power of influence - ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships internationally and at all levels
- Talent development - ability to improve people, realise their potential and facilitate career paths locally and globally
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.