- € competitive
- Cologne - Germany
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us and lead our communications strategy in Germany. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier media, an innate ability to tell inspiring stories weaving together multiple narratives (product, people, philosophy), and a leadership style that inspires and motivates a talented team to achieve unrivalled performance.
- Provide strategic communications advice to German Managing Directors and the German Leadership team.
- Devise and implement excellent internal and external communications strategies focused on telling stories around our core technology, our machines, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy.
- Lead the team to promote good news and manage the bad to inspire our users to spread the word on our behalf.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media to build Dyson’s reputation as an innovating engineering company focused on our owners’ wellbeing.
- Oversee the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions on a timely basis and across a wide spectrum of media.
- Identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Own the voice of Dyson in Germany and ensure a consistently high level of execution across all channels.
- Manage budgets to ensure we have the tools and resources to carry out global and regional announcements.
A detailed knowledge of German media across all its platforms with successful management experience either in house, agency side, or media side.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Perfect German and fluent English.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role focused on communications – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Evidence of experience in managing a comprehensive communications program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization in order to bring about change.
- A focus on quality and detail, rather than quantity.
- An understanding and passion for Dyson technology, design and engineering and a sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick.
- Excellent storytelling ability, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- Ability to inspire and manage a talented team.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical discussion, tempered by a sense of humour
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working for a global innovation company.
- Fastidious in organisation and with vision and purposes as well as an eye for the detail.
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work from home
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- 24/7 accident insurance
- Relaxed dress-code
- Subsidized sport activities
- Free on-site parking or subsidized job ticket
- Discount on Dyson machines and Corporate Benefits
- Fruits, coffee, tea, water, snackbox and ice cream
- Christmas and summer parties, Carnival