- Stockholm - Sweden
Dyson Nordics is currently one of the fastest growing regions within Dyson globally. Starting from Q1, 2017 we have been building our team. What started as just one, will be a team of approximately 100 people by the end of 2019. Dyson is a fast paced and rapidly changing environment and we offer an exciting environment where you will be continually challenged to think and act in new and innovative ways. We expect and push each other to think and do differently and we always strive to be better than we were yesterday. Authentic, Different and Better are the three words that define who we are and how we operate.
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, and help execute our communications plans across the Nordics. The successful candidate will hold strong relationships with top tier beauty, wellness, technology and business media in Sweden. They will be hands on: helping to support a mixed in-house and external agency supported media relations team across the Nordics, covering Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway. They will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories across multi-categories, stretching from product and technology narratives to corporate stories and reputational management, weaving together multiple communications, and a leadership style that drives the team to achieve unrivalled performance. This role will also involve a degree of Internal Communications management, supporting the wider team as we grow and evolve within the region.
- Support the Nordics Comms Manager to help execute and implement the communications strategy for the Nordics, with a focus on telling stories around our problem solving core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy in Sweden. Ultimately we want to promote the good news, and manage the bad to inspire other influential people to spread the word on our behalf.
- Lead as the ‘go-to’ person for Sweden media relations, handling key editors and influencer/VIPs to help secure gold-tier coverage amongst our target publications, with support of an external PR agency.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sale of our technology.
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions in Sweden across the region on a timely reactive basis.
- Manage a programme of proactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media across the region to ensure consistently high-level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Work with the Nordics leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Support the Nordics Comms Manager on the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivalled communications
We know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives.
They will have a detailed knowledge of the Swedish media landscape and good awareness of the media landscape in the region. They will have experience of working across borders, having held managerial level roles either in house, agency side, or media side.
The ideal candidate will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
In addition they will likely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid experience in communications role – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.
This will seem like an impossibly long list but to do all of the above successfully in Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Understanding and passion for Dyson technology, design and engineering and a sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick.
- Excellent storytelling ability, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- Ability to inspire and manage large team, with varying complex challenges, spread across geographies and time zones.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a European context.
- Fastidious in organisation and with vision and purposes as well as an eye for the detail.
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive Pension scheme
- Discount on Dyson products