- £Competitive + benefits
- London - United Kingdom
We are looking for a bright, motivated and entrepreneurial person to support the Corporate Communications Director and the wider Corporate Communications team while also providing impeccable front of house duties.
This role provides the operations and administrative support that keeps the team running efficiently and effectively. If you are well organised, people focused, and a problem solver, this could be a role for you. It will be a busy and rewarding role; quite possibly a stepping stone to a communications focused role in the team.
You’ll need to;
- Show an enthusiasm for Dyson: our technology, our products and what makes us tick. You'll be an expert at talking about and demonstrating all that is different about Dyson
- Be confident dealing with people, numbers, words and admin, and show the utmost discretion and professionalism at all times
- Manage projects and events, you'll be fastidious in your organisation and have an eye for detail.
- Work up, down and across the Dyson world - in particular you will bring together the various teams that use the space
AccountabilitiesPersonal Assistant Support
- Co-ordinate and proactively manage the diary of the Director of Communications: handling and rescheduling diary requests, organising delegates, monitoring acceptances and declines, whilst prioritising and filtering out non-essential meetings. This will require you to plan ahead, anticipating busy periods and supporting constantly changing priorities.
- Manage and coordinate regular and complex travel itineraries including transport, accommodation, visa requirements and expenses.
- Manage meetings: preparing reports, presentations and dashboards – sometimes at short notice. Booking rooms and venues as well as recording and communicating minutes and actions where required.
- Expense claim management for Communication Director.
- Occasional out of hours requirements as required by the business, as well as travel between our London office and Malmesbury office, as the business requires.
- Coordinating team activities and events as required by the Global Comms Leadership Team.
- General administration to support the Communications Function
- Coordinating and integrating activities and projects from across the function – ensuring efficiency and awareness of current and upcoming workload - bringing together the various teams that make up the Global Communications Team.
- Compiling and circulating rotas for the communications team and well as developing, creating and maintaining Press Office procedural documentation.
- Managing email distribution lists for the international communications teams. Monitoring the Press Office inbox and responding to enquiries in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate global inductions for new starters, including procurement of IT equipment for new starters and visitors.
- Setting up suppliers and ensuring the prompt payment of invoices for the Corporate Communications Team, including liaison with the accounts team with budget tracking for the Dyson Corporate communications budget.
- Management of licences and subscriptions e.g. NLA, CLA, newspapers.
- Undertake additional and or other responsibilities to meet business requirements.
- Front of House for the Dyson Press Office: Welcoming visitors, taking deliveries and generally ensuring visitors, media, Dyson people and exec team members who use the space get the best possible experience.
- Organising meetings at the Dyson Press Office, ensuring they run professionally, that visitors are given a warm welcome and the appropriate hospitality.
- Ensuring the smooth running of IT and technology for meetings (including Board and Exec team meetings), the cleanliness and tidiness of meeting facilities and communal spaces, and running/stocking the kitchen and office facilities.
- Liaison with the Dyson Demo manager and Dyson Security team on the Dyson demo.
- Liaison with the Dyson property/facilities team, to ensure that maintenance issues are handled promptly and that utilities and suppliers are managed appropriately on the ground.
- Health & Safety: including fire safety and first aid in cooperation with the store staff (training offered).
- Post and couriers.
SkillsThe role requires a self-motivated and dedicated person with excellent commercial awareness and discretion. In addition, this role requires you to have:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Be willing to tackle any challenge, manage priorities and time constraints, and meet fluctuating deadlines.
- Strong IT skills to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate level).
- Show the utmost discretion and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed and improve.
- Confidence in maintaining relationships and working with new people. Have an interest in news and current affairs – able to discuss the latest events and news with anyone who asks, including Dyson’s most senior leaders.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we can offer you -
27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
Yearly bonus and pay review
Dyson machine discount