- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Claims and Insights
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
The Competitor Intelligence Analyst should relish solving problems and finding connections amongst multiple data sources, both syndicated and secondary, to educate the business on where our markets are as well as where they are going. This person should also be comfortable in the technical realm, able to translate technical information into engaging trainings and communications.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross functional teams, both local and global, and will include a large amount of presenting, oftentimes to business leaders.
Accountabilities1. Monitor and Predict Key Competitor Activities
- Identify key competitor product launches and activities that impact Dyson Americas.
- Continually look for and develop better ways to monitor, communicate, and track the market.
- Collate information and intelligence on key competitors from a variety of sources, including multiple syndicated data suppliers.
- Assign prioritisation to key competitor product launches or other key competitor actions.
- Build and own database to track changes in competitor advertising materials.
- Work with the Global team to ensure we are being efficient with the collection and organization of competitor information.
- Analyse competitor product performance claims to recommend areas with the potential for Legal challenge. Work with in house counsel to organize the testing and information needed to do so.
- Prioritise and organise internal testing of the key competitor products including: purchase of the identified competitor machines and management of testing with the relevant Dyson teams.
- Develop a full understanding of relevant test methods/standards, and advise opportunities to extend them.
- Manage competitor market share testing to support Dyson’s upcoming and in market product performance claims.
- Analyse test results and report back using established routes of communication.
- Manage and maintain billing details on the test trackers
- Drive the process to maximize efficiency and team/department success.
- Manage the stock of competitor machines including a detailed and up to date inventory.
- Create and distribute approved competitor related communications for the briefing, training, awareness building of local Dyson teams.
- Lead training sessions on competitor topics.
- Provide timely support to market field teams encountering new competitor in-store messaging, questions from retail staff.
- Support the generation of content and deliverables for the US portion of the Competitor Intelligence Database.
- Devise meaningful and impactful demonstrations to help bring to life product comparisons.
- Manage information gathering for special competitor projects
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, and cost
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Pick up special projects as needed
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in engineering, marketing, business, statistics, or other technical field
- 3+ years in competitive intelligence, market analysis, category management, or strategy
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to think technically and strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and able to help improve its function
- Resourceful, problem solver with strong attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve
- Willing to push the boundaries and keep projects moving
- Ability to travel occasionally as required - Domestically and Internationally
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Experience working in a multinational organization preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience working in sales or product training a plus
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.