- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Claims and Insights, Legal
- Chicago - USA
Your role is to ‘paint the picture’ of the Americas competitive landscape for all the categories in which Dyson operates. You will be responsible for gathering and processing competitor intelligence into deliverables that support the business - both the Americas business and the global team.
You will relish solving problems and finding connections amongst multiple data sources, which range all the way from laboratory testing reports through to the advertising that surrounds today’s consumers. You’ll have various tools to help you succeed; as Dyson works with the multiple third party providers to support our mission.
Competitor intelligence can also take the form of practical analysis and not just desk research. You’ll be required to develop an understanding of how our technology is superior and be able to demonstrate this to your many stakeholders. This will require a ‘hands on’ approach to your work where dismantling/reassembling new competitor products will be commonplace.
Therefore you need to be comfortable in the technical, practical and creative realms; able to translate your analysis and test information into engaging training and communications, whilst interpreting the testing which should exist to support the marketing statements of others.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross functional teams, locally, regionally and globally, and will involve travel across the Americas, as well as occasional visits to the UK and beyond.
AccountabilitiesMonitor and Predict Key Competitor Activities
- Identify key competitor product launches and activities in the Americas, assessing the areas where they will impact.
- Collate information and intelligence on key competitors from a variety of sources, including multiple syndicated data suppliers.
- Work with the Global team to determine prioritization of key competitor product launches or other key competitor actions.
- Identify and collate information that showcases the evolution in competitor advertising materials – both primary content and tone.
- Work with the Global team to analyse competitor product claims to support the identification of potential challenges. Support any such challenges via the organisation of testing and other relevant information gathering.
- Seek efficiencies with the collection and organization of competitor information.
- Continually look for and develop better ways to monitor, communicate, and track the market.
- Create and distribute approved competitor related communications for the briefing, training, awareness building of local Dyson teams.
- Lead training sessions on competitor topics.
- Provide timely support to market field teams encountering new competitor in-store messaging, questions from retail staff.
- Support the generation of content and deliverables for information sharing systems.
- Devise meaningful and impactful demonstrations to help bring to life product comparisons.
- Prioritize and organize internal testing of the key competitor products including: purchase of the identified competitor machines and management of testing with the relevant Dyson teams.
- Manage competitor market share testing to support Dyson’s upcoming and in market product performance claims.
- Review test results and report back using established routes of communication.
- Develop a working understanding of relevant test methods/standards, and flag opportunities to improve them.
- Drive the process to maximize efficiency and team/department success. You are the owner of your localized operation.
- Manage information gathering for special competitor projects
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, and cost
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Pick up special projects as needed
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in engineering, sciences, marketing, business, statistics, or other technical fields.
- 3+ years in competitive intelligence, market analysis, laboratory testing, other fields of research. People management experience an advantage.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, deliver and evaluate projects individually and with others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to engage people cross functionally and to influence up, down and across the business.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to make connections, and perform critical review.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to listen and to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and willing to help improve its function.
- Ability to travel occasionally is essential – Within the USA, across the Americas and further afield internationally.
- Experience working in a multinational organization.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in sales or product training a plus.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.