- Singapore - Singapore
Our Legal and IP teams protect our profit and keep us competitive by ensuring our technology stays unique for as long as possible.
Reporting directly to the Head of Competitor Strategy, this role is responsible for the provision of Competitor Intelligence services pertaining to the specific markets comprising Dyson’s APAC region. The role serves the market cluster to counteract threats in the competitive landscape, as well as Group with intelligence from that cluster.
About the roleTo be a partner between the Region and Group across Dyson’s current product categories. Manage a prioritised set of tasks that will include the following:
- Delivery of Regional communications on the competitive landscape in that geography, and sharing with Group stakeholders.
- Delivery of key product or brand update briefings concerning threats identified in other parts of the Dyson world.
- Communications and process concerning recently launched products that are important to your Region. You will also support this process for relevant launches of a Global nature.
- Investigate and understand competitor products of key importance to your Region, enabling you to deliver product demonstrations and training for Region and Group contacts. This may involve travel to include face-to-face training sessions when needed.
- Where relevant, timely input of intelligence to Regional business review cycles.
- Compilation of market specific data trends, product matrices, test result summaries etc.
- Liaison with relevant Group teams to benefit from more intelligence gathering, in tools that CI team does not manage, for example SimilarWeb ecommerce analysis.
Working as part of the Competitor Intelligence team to drive success in the role, as well as supporting activities including those across the wider Legal Department.
- Your relationship with the CI Centre is critical to success in the role of partnering a market – you will be both a customer of the expertise within the CI Centre and represent a demand on its services, as well as offering market liaison support around high priority launches, and processes including purchasing requirements for samples.
- Work with established processes to manage testing and investigation for a new launch of market relevance.
- Feed all relevant materials into the Self-service portal; Support the Dissemination team by taking a lead for your own section to ensure your market/market cluster is adequately covered.
- Contribute to the portal, and directly with colleagues, concerning early warning alerts, social media and advertising campaign discoveries, and anything of potential relevance to the competitor landscape.
- Use enterprise standard analytics tools, such as Tableau, to deliver consistency to our data outputs.
- Liaison and support as necessary with Group/Market lawyer(s) when a contentious product claim or campaign is under investigation or challenge.
- In tune with the budget planning cycle, take a shared responsibility for our test and product related expenditure across all categories. Share new ideas for non-product spend with the Dissemination team.
- Demonstrates a commercial awareness that considers the overall business objectives when commenting on the priority and “so what” of a piece of CI.
- Clarifies business purpose with colleagues and tailors solutions that reflect the business priorities.
- Is adaptable and welcomes change and challenge, then plays an active role in finding innovative solutions.
- Task focused and works on own initiative to get things done. Is able to work under pressure and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Works effectively in a team and in cross functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Understands the impact their decisions will have on other teams and acts accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to share knowledge, experience and information which adds value and helps solve problems.
- Is a persuasive presenter to small and large audiences enhancing their own and the team's profile.
- Effectively manages relationships with business colleagues and builds trust through collaboration resulting in early involvement in business issues.
- Can adapt own behaviour and communication style to suit the context.
- Widely recognised as an expert in their particular field with a depth of knowledge and experience which they apply to deliver complex work.
- Seeks learning and development opportunities.
- Factors in the impact of decisions and activity on own team, teams across the business and alignment to organisational objectives and goals.
- Builds team spirit and celebrates team success.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.