- Compliance and approvals
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The team is responsible to ensure that all Dyson products are in compliance with all relevant Safety, Materials and EMC regulations, standards and legislations. These include testing and certification based on commonly adopted international regulation and standards (IEC/UL Standards and etc.) as well as country/region specific legislations (CE/EU directives, DENAN, REACH, RoHS, Prop65 and etc.). We monitor and guide design engineers to ensure that all Dyson products are safe and we liaise with the relevant authority in every country we market our products, providing them with all certificates and other requisites to allow sales in that particular country. We work closely with TUV, Intertek, SGS and other independent and accredited test service providers.
About the role
- Responsible to ensure that all Dyson products are complied with all relevant Safety regulations, standards and legislations.
- Handle pre-compliance & compliance according to international regulation and standards (IEC/UL Standards).
- Monitor and guide design engineers to ensure that all Dyson products are safe and we liaise with the relevant authority in every country we market our products.
- Work closely with external test labs or other accredited test service providers.
- To perform testing under Safety Compliance Engineer supervision. Ensure all test activities are carried out in a timely manner in accordance to test plan.
- Arranging the machine shipment to external test house.
- To support Safety Compliance Technician in oversee maintenance of test lab, test rigs and lab equipment including calibration schedule and records according to ISO17025.
- Ensure all the test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards (UL / IEC).
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical) or equivalent.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience with electrical/electronic/mechanical background, involving product safety testing
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Excellent ability to understand and formally discuss contents of high volumes of international safety standards.
- Able to work independently without supervision. Previous team management skill is not compulsory but will be an advantage.
- Possess excellent computer literate with good understanding in Microsoft Office.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.