- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the roleAs a Cloud Platform Engineer, within the Research & Development department, you’ll get to work with a broad range of systems and technologies. As a team we’re responsible for automating, designing, building, and supporting services utilising AWS, and the software we run such as Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Octopus and ElasticSearch so that other teams can continuously improve Dyson owners experience for our Connected (IoT) products. We build automated, scalable, secure and resilient systems capable of supporting Dyson’s incredible growth.
- AWS Cloud or similar (e.g. Azure)
- Knowledge of common development practices and tools (such as Git, CI/CD, Docker, Jenkins)
- Coding in any modern language
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.