- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
An exciting new job opportunity has arisen within the Dyson Finance Centre of Excellence to support the business in ensuring the accurate application of direct consumer payments. Data integrity is key in this role, you will be responsible for preparing accounting entries, detailed reconciliations, monitoring and escalating areas of concern and supporting the business in developing processes. Global best practice will be directly influenced and evolved based on findings identified in these processes.
This is a crucial role in achieving our business aspirations to grow our direct sales; you will have great exposure to Dyson in several key business areas and be responsible for payments from website, customer present and customer not present transactions.
About the role
- To contribute to the success of the business by ensuring receipts are accurately recorded, reconciled and the cause of any reconciling items/differences identified and resolved,
- Provide business support in the development of solutions for the causes of reconciling items, including participating in testing and implementation as necessary,
- Safeguarding financials through maintaining high levels of data quality/integrity by quickly resolving and clearing reconciling items,
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders,
- Preparing accounting entries for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling payments and refunds to invoices for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling and monitoring cash and cheque receivables for customer facing transactions,
- Investigate and resolve any items that cannot be reconciled,
- Reduce the level/frequency of differences by working with the business to evolve and improve the relevant processes,
- Support technical developments in direct consumer payments; recommend solutions based on reconciliation findings; participate in testing process enhancements; contribute to training and implementation as required
- Posting and monitoring chargeback levels,
- Reporting on fraud and risk to the business regarding payments
- Perform SAP user acceptance & regression testing for direct consumer payment processes,
- Contribute to the creation of Global Best Practice processes for direct payments,
- Other project work as required
- Preferably working towards a professional qualification,
- Experienced in producing detailed reconciliations, including reporting on and resolving findings,
- Good level of accounting skills, familiar with working in a financial accounting environment, complying with audit and policy requirements,
- Experienced in building relationships with both internal and external customers,
- Numerate and accurate,
- Strong Excel skills,
- Previous SAP accounting experience desirable,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Proactive approach to problem solving,
- Drive for results,
- Good prioritisation skills and able to work well under pressure,
- Ability to work unsupervised/independently, cross functionally and using own initiative,
- Team player,
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills,
- Ability to highlight potential process/system improvements.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.