- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
An exciting new job opportunity has arisen within the Dyson Finance Centre of Excellence to support the business in ensuring the accurate application of direct consumer payments.
AccountabilitiesThe overall objective of this role is to contribute to the success of the business by ensuring receipts are accurately recorded, reconciled and the cause of any reconciling items/differences identified and resolved. You'll ensure that maximum levels of data quality/integrity are maintained by quickly resolving and clearing reconciling items. Developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers is also key.
Data integrity is key in this role; you will be responsible for preparing accounting entries, supporting with detailed reconciliations, monitoring and escalating areas of concern and supporting the business in developing processes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing accounting entries for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling the online electronic accounts to ensure integrity of available funds is maintained and reported; critically evaluating to highlight if funds are not being received,
- Assisting with reconciling card payments and refunds to invoices / credit notes for all direct payment methods,
- Assisting with reconciling and monitoring cash and cheque receivables for customer facing transactions,
- Support technical developments in direct consumer payments; recommend solutions based on reconciliation findings; participate in testing process enhancements; contribute to training and implementation as required,
- Perform SAP user acceptance & regression testing for direct consumer payment processes as required,
- Ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulation requirements,
- Contribute to the creation and documentation of Global Best Practice processes for direct payments,
- Other project work as required,
SkillsYou will preferably hold a Finance-related degree or be working towards a professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA etc) and come with experience of working within a retail environment, preferably in producing detailed reconciliations, or at least familiar with end-of-day processes. You'll have experience in building relationships with both internal and external customers, be highly numerate and accurate in your work. Previous SAP accounting experience would be desirable.
From a competency perspective, you will have strong attention to detail, have excellent analytical skills and have a proactive approach to problem solving. If you thrive under pressure and have the ability to manage your own workload, be proactive in your nature, work cross-functionally and have the ability to critically evaluate and highlight recommendations then this would be a perfect opportunity for you.
It may seem like we're asking for a lot but in return you'll experience a truly unique working environment: one that is fast-paced, exciting, forever changing and will offer you a global outlook.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines