- Manufacturing and tooling
The CI Manager will be responsible and accountable for continuous improvement and efficiencies across the plant’s products, systems, operations and processes. The incumbent will also be task with providing technical knowledge and leadership for the implementation of lean manufacturing principles, theory of constraints and business process reengineering. Working with the stakeholders across various functions in the manufacturing plant, the CI Manager will set the pace and implement business transformational and continuous improvement strategy with sensitivity towards organisational structure, culture, people and processes. This is a people manager role with direct responsibility to lead a team of CI Specialists and Data Engineers.
- Drives continuous improvement thru 4 levers - visual control systems, management routines, problem solving workshops and key performance indicators in quality, service, empowerment, supply chain, efficiency and capex utilization through rigorous application of standard Lean tools
- Increases overall equipment efficiency (OEE) and total effective equipment productivity (TEEP) through total productive maintenance by eradicating machine and tool breakdowns and micro-stops
- Helps tooling team to manage spare parts ordering and introducing spare part management system
- Design and implement Kamashibai Board and manufacturing productivity improvements
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing Concepts for all plant materials management activities (material and information flows)
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) techniques, initiate process improvements, cycle time reductions, cost reductions and other activities aimed at reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in the process
- Build relationships across all levels to understand ongoing operational issues and lead improvement and sustainability efforts
- Study, evaluate and apply current trends manufacturing practices
- Lead, coach and manage multiple lean workshop simultaneously •
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify and document opportunities to improve the business (current and future state). Develop and execute projects plans in order to achieve the future state
- Influence, collaborate and communicate with all employees and management to drive the indoctrination of these principles and methods into the culture
- Work closely and interface with all functional areas i.e. Operations, Purchasing, Planning, Finance, Human Resources and regional/global business excellence team
- Deploy / share best practices across teams thru “Lean Excellence Day”.
- Maintain and update publicity of Lean notice board, Lean Gallery with (i) Monthly Kaizen submission, Yearly APU winners; (ii) Lean Articles and (iii) Lean Training & Workshop, etc.
- Deploy, monitor and control Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
- Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a strong advantage
- Formal Project Management qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations