- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
This is an opportunity to be involved in a greenfield factory set up in Johor Bahru, Malaysia that will be opened in 2019. The factory requires an experienced Continuous Improvement Specialist – Black Belt to join our team to develop the facility to be the best-in-class in terms of operational excellence
- Applying knowledge of continuous process improvement for business and operational processes within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Assist and lead project and change management efforts plus maintain responsibility for process improvement projects.
- Support the execution of continuous process improvement projects and implementation efforts.
- Develop expertise in Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and business process reengineering.
- Work on process improvement and data analysis, including Six Sigma methodologies.
- Plan and facilitate structured improvement activities
- Clearly defines program objectives and scope.
- Secures employee commitment for proactive change management.
- Appropriately implements principles of governance. Evaluates and prioritizes potential improvements based on gains and required effort.
- Establishes a clear and well-articulated implementation plan.
- Establishes criteria for the project’s success and prepares a sound statement of constraints.
- Realistically defines specific project charters.
- Resolves technical problems - formulation, equipment, product, interpretation of regulations and resource availability.
- Implements performance indicators and establishes focus groups.
- Appropriately verifies the sustainability of these measures.
Management of Continuous-Improvement Project.
- Conducts a detailed analysis of the current situation and accurately describes the issues.
- Identifies intervention priorities and indicators.
- Secures commitment from process managers and mobilizes other involved parties.
- Specifies deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measurement indicators.
- Identifies available resources: people, material, finances, etc.
- Clearly identifies team members and associates, and clarifies their roles and responsibilities.
- Maps out in detail the desired situation.
- Analyses and identifies gaps.
- Clearly and rigorously defines methodology.
- Accurately analyses options as well as their impact and feasibility.
- Specifies obstacles and ways to overcome them from the perspective of continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitors the implementation of solutions to achieve objectives and expected benefits.
Advisory Role and Change Management Support.
- Scrupulously analyses the issues pertaining to a project’s intent, deliverables, and leadership.
- Provides managers with sound advice and support in developing communication strategies.
- Realistically identifies issues and program obstacles.
- Appropriately investigates or analyses constraints and compromises.
- Develops and drafts an action plan tailored to the continuous-improvement project.
- Accurately identifies training needs.
- Imparts relevant work methods and tools.
- Ensures that personnel from concerned departments receive appropriate training or coaching.
- Provides appropriate support to department managers in maintaining implementation of the continuous-improvement initiatives within their respective sectors.
SkillsKnowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to weigh and manage priorities.
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Delivers on time.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once).
- Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
- 5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
- Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- A formal Project Management qualification is desirable but not essential
- Incumbent to have manufacturing or product experience.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost constraints
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable.