- Creative, Marketing
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleAs the Copy & Content Writer in the APAC CoE reporting to the Regional Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for reviewing, adapting and overseeing translation/transcreation of copywriting across a wide variety of dyson communications.
You’ll be able to work with existing copy options that support our new product launches, but apply them into local channels in ways that create relevant messaging and stories for consumers.
You’ll make sure all headlines and messaging are correct in tonality and accuracy in alignment with our global identity standards and product campaign kits.
You’ll work with translation/transcreation production partners, overseeing the accuracy and delivery powerful, locally relevant Dyson copy to the key markets across APAC in multiple languages (from english masters).
Where global copy and content options do not fulfil the challenges of a local market requirement, you’ll need to be able to conceptualise new headlines, short and long form copy, promotion and seasonal messaging, short form social stories and storyboards, supers and captions, and also sales and technical information.
You’ll interrogate the creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about and collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless integrated campaigns.
You’ll need to be comfortable presenting work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
You’ll build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves. In turn this will let you contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
Lastly but most importantly, you’ll take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to any assets or content going live across key APAC markets.
About youYou are/possess...
- 3+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer, preferably with experience of writing technology copy and film scripts.
- Proficiency in English copy and content writing first, but also second level proficiency writing in either Korean or Japanese.
- An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
- The ability to comp up simple design mocks for concept discussion, particularly social posts, digital media and storyboards.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Experience of working on integrated campaigns, social content, editorial and/or comms.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail. Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.