- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
The ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with business partners at all levels across the enterprise as well as with colleagues on the Legal team is a must Ideal candidates for this role will have in-house or law firm experience supporting consumer products and/or retail clients, strong business acumen, excellent counseling skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This position will afford invaluable experience and the opportunity to develop the ability to take a strategic and business-focused approach to complex issues within a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Work closely with local marketing teams as primary source for legal questions related to compliance of all marketing and advertising materials
- Develop expertise to provide expert and pragmatic advice on a wide range of legal issues, including antitrust issues, claim substantiation, and risk/benefit analysis
- Support all formal and informal competitor claims, product liability matters and litigation
- Proactively identify arising risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions
- Develop and deliver necessary legal training to the business
- Draft and negotiate contracts, including retailer, supplier and vendor agreements
- Ensure awareness and compliance with federal, state and local consumer product laws throughout the Americas Region
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- 1 to 4 years of experience at a law firm or in-house required – a combination of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred
- An understanding of all aspects of marketing/advertising law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a commercial environment
- Licensed to practice law in at leas one state
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job and therefore deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good awareness of the role of Legal in business decisions and the ability to actively contribute in the taking of those decisions
- Confidence and technical ability to be able to deal with issues outside your experience and the ability to learn quickly on the job
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them, and who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work
- An ability to work successfully with a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects when necessary
- Highest degree of ethical standards
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.