- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Manufacturing and tooling, Mechanical Engineering, Procurement, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be working closely with procurement, engineering, research and manufacturing engineers bringing to bear your experience and knowledge to challenge and reduce costs with an emphasis on early stage influence on design decisions.
Build ground up cost estimates for new components, technologies and whole projects currently being developed within Research Design and Development (RDD).
- Develop ‘should cost’ tools for key commodities to support accurate early stage costings, which can be used to support procurement in challenging supplier quotations.
- Conduct regular deep dive reviews with Engineering to calculate future product costs and understand the associated risks and opportunities, which could influence a product as it progresses through the development cycle.
- Use your experience and knowledge to influence product, assembly and component design to reduce cost at every opportunity.
- Work closely with (challenge) Engineering, Operations, Procurement and Finance to agree achievable, but stretching Target costs for all new products that deliver on the key business case requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Procurement to develop new cost calculation tools.
- Minimize cost differences arising on the transfer of product cost ownership to our South East Asia Cost Team. Where differences arise, ensure that these are fully understood and learning is fed back into the concept development phase.
- Release monthly product cost reports outlining all of the key movements and mitigation actions to address any increases.
- Support multiple project milestone / stage gate reviews that include exec level attendance ensuring clarity on current cost position and projected SOP costs.
- Produce analytical data on cost trends within your product category and make recommendations on appropriate action.
- Generate key risks and opportunities for each project in your portfolio including realistic implementation plans agreed with the project team leaders.
An engineering / manufacturing degree or related qualification and preferably previous experience within a costing role.
- Demonstrable analytical ability gained in a previous engineering role or similar technical discipline.
- Experience of working with and influencing others outside of your immediate team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a good understanding of various production and engineering processes and how they influence design and manufacturing.
- A creative and lateral thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Self-driven and hands on approach with ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and driving them forward.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure - often to tight deadlines.
A prior knowledge of Dyson products and the design and development process is beneficial but not essential.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines