- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role offers a great opportunity to join a successful and experienced team of credit professionals.The focus on working capital has never been higher and in this role you have the chance to directly influence that and contribute directly to the success of our business.
This is a 9 month fixed term contract.
This is a 9 month fixed term contract.
AccountabilitiesCredit management can be high pressure, is often a challenge but it’s seldom boring. To ensure Dyson are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever changing global economy (and achieve ambitious growth aspirations) our credit processes must continue to evolve and this is your chance to be part of this exciting transformation.
You will be accountable for all matters credit related; management of the day to day BPO partner relationship; Business partner to global stakeholders; global expert/owner of OTC policy & processes; global responsibility for OTC governance and territory engagement on the same; global compliance in relation to credit matters; Reviewing/Challenging on credit dashboard and reporting results; examining processes/implementing change/driving best practice; forging strong working relationships.
Changing business strategies and aggressive growth aspirations result in a constant need for evolution; you will participate in any/all projects that might impact/touch on credit activities. In addition it is expected you will be a driver of change, you will identify optimisation/efficiency opportunities and seek to deliver solutions to deliver them.
This is very definitely not a “Business As Usual” role; the exceptional demands mean we are looking for an exceptional person to join our team.
What we need you to do:
- Be an advocate for the Dyson Credit Policy, communicating (and enforcing if necessary) the rules to ensure they are always applied and that we achieve our goal of minimising risk.
- Liaise with global Finance Directors/Managers in the governance of all matters AR/Credit.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships, supporting and advising in all aspects of credit and reinforce the positive contribution FCoE provides to the wider business
- Contribute to the evolution of our credit insurance strategies to meet business growth demands
- Ensure that we remain credit insurance (and credit policy) compliant.
- Be the SAP business specialist for credit control matters, reviewing change requests/local requirements and feeding back via Head of OTC.
- Be proactive in the identification of opportunities to improve performance (system, procedural or behavioural). Drive best practice by the formulation and delivery of enhancements that identify and eliminate process issues/gaps.
- Liaise with BPO partners to ensure accurate/adequate process documentation is in place (from policy documents and process flows down to detailed desk top instructions), ensuring these are regularly refreshed/updated and published.
- Provide specialist advice on credit matters and ensure the granting of credit is appropriate and managed/authorised in line with policy.
- Manage periodic reviews of master data (e.g. credit limits, customer details, etc.).
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the group in support of any credit related matter
- Work collaboratively to ensure global best practices are created and adopted in all territories.
- Manage credit insurer/broker relationships to leverage maximum available coverage, attend regular meetings to address concerns and facilitate positive decisions which support on-going Dyson strategies/growth aspirations.
- Contribute to business change by proactively participating in projects to ensure factors relating to accounts receivable/credit are captured and appropriately managed. The objective is for implementations to be successful, i.e. they support the on-going development/growth of Dyson.
- Ensure all reporting is meaningful and accompanied by appropriate commentaries that explain results/variances (debtor analysis, compliance monitors, provision calculations/postings, DSO’s, monthly dashboards, etc.).
- Work with BPO and operational teams, review/discuss results and working in partnership to drive for improvements in performance (achieve DSO targets, resolve queries promptly, etc.).
- Work with BPO partners to ensure focus on key business objectives (e.g. drive customer behaviours for payment on time, work to minimise overdues by prompt query resolution, avoid bad debts by diligent application of the Dyson credit policy).
- Management of budgetary needs regarding credit related costs.
- Ensure good effective communication is always carried out (e.g. notification of changes to policy, insurance, etc.) with all relevant stakeholders (BPO partner, global teams, departments, customer, etc.)
- Provide credit specialist support to the global Dyson business.
- CICM qualified with extensive previous credit management experience (minimum of 5 years), preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of managing OTC processes in a shared service environment (preferably with international responsibilities).
- Experience of managing credit in an evolving high pressure environment.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.
- A driver of change and experienced in managing it (and be able to manage others to adapt quickly to it)
- Excellent knowledge of credit related accountancy practices, financial controls and complying with audit and policy requirements.
- A high level of numeracy and PC literacy (including comprehensive Excel knowledge).
- The ability to work and lead others in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to forge effective/collaborative relationships throughout the business, with business partners and with external contacts alike.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Able to review and challenge understandings to propose change
- Drive for results.
- Must be flexible to meet business pressures and deadlines.
- Additional language skills are desirable.
- Experience of consumer and trade debt management is desirable as is a good knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of credit insurance practices and processes is also desirable.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines