- SGD Competitive Salary
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
This role houses the ownership for the Cell physical assembly and destination suitability. Being the junction point for the cell technology and the customer pack requirements and delivering a solution to meet aspirations of both.
A successful candidate will have the communication skills to translate technical feedback whilst empowering their own team to build and deliver prototypes. Reporting to the Energy Storage Director, the role will encompass Object management, Team leadership and Technical communications.
- Be the owner of the physical cell form ensuring the end Module/Pack customer requirements are met for Form, Fit & Function – Drive design requirements to resolution to ensure a smooth transition to production
- Lead the Prototype and Engineering Builds activity to produce complete cells to given protocols for validation and approvals
- You will be the application subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all product level enquiries, advice, support, training and coaching. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
- Ensure all cell level approvals are met in conjunction with the design team and compliance engineering.
- Build and develop a Cell applications team to deliver novel technology into service. Mentor and support engineers to build capability, solve challenging problems and deliver continuously to the highest safety standard.
- Provide innovative applications advice - support the design and operational management to identify balanced solutions and opportunities to meet overall energy storage objectives.
- Own Cell Application information for Energy Storage, including any significant recommendations or incidents, and advise the company on risk and a proportionate response.
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments, external regulators, industry bodies within Energy Storage.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Cell Development.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both upstream and downstream within Dyson.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
8+ years’ experience of leading Energy Storage Cell technical matters.
Experience working with Secondary Cell development and production
An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of Cells and an awareness of the application of Modules and Pack systems.
A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to Cell engineering materials.
Experience of working within an electric vehicle programme a strong advantage.
People management experience.
Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
•Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
•Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.