- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team:
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Dyson Institute and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users).
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed.
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth.
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role
- Reporting to the Head of End User Services Operations Management, you will be responsible for the end to end lifecycle management of all Digital Workplace assets and configuration management. You will work alongside an ITAM team (either internal or third party) to procure, track, manage all Digital Workplace software and hardware assets and configuration management.
- Define the Digital Workplace Asset and Configuration Management strategy and associated processes
- Ensure compliance to the strategy and processes
- Create management reports for required aspects of ITAM and configuration management
- Analyse purchase information to establish an accurate and complete summary of license entitlements (Effective License Position), report on ELP and adherence to best practice (including contracts, EULAs, EAs, etc.)
- Report on licence usage for annual true-up reporting and financial charge allocation at function and region level
- Identify and deliver on any opportunities for cost saving/avoidance through effective asset management
- Ensure all DWS assets are managed end to end centrally within Dyson’s CMDB (ServiceNow) and are accurate
- Provide end to end service ownership of all DWS asset management tools including discovery, management and reporting toolsets
- Manage an ITAM team (either internal or external)
- Manage suppliers and software manufacturers to understand licensing position, issues and address product mappings
- Plan and manage HAM and SAM annual budgets
- Previous experience as an Asset and Configuration Manager in a similar sized global operation (2 years)
- ITIL trained
- A professional who can provide examples of implementing and delivering a high performing asset management team
- Strong knowledge of applicable software licensing terms, license models and enterprise maintenance and support contracts such as Microsoft (including 365), SAP, Oracle, VMWare, Citrix and Adobe
- High level of analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Quality focused and highly flexible
- Thinks ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Knowledge of CMDB, discovery and Asset Management tools.
- Professional SAM Qualification desirable
- Experience with software installation and software inventory systems such as Microsoft’s SCCM, JAMF, InTune
- Experience of a wide variety of client hardware and software
- Experience of automated asset management tool, preferably SNOW
- Experience of ITSM tools, preferably ServiceNow
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.