- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team:
- The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of End User Computing, you will be responsible for ensuring all Digital workplace services are designed, delivered and operated in line with Dyson’s network standards, policies and processes. You will define and support the implementation of a global network to support the IT Digital Workplace roadmap that delivers in line with the needs of the Dyson end users. You will be responsible for driving network considerations, standards and compliance across all aspects of the Dyson Digital Workplace estate including end point builds, cloud solutions, management solutions, applications, software etc.
Additional hours and on call as required to fulfil duties
You will be responsible for:
- Defining, owning and delivering against a Digital Workplace services network roadmap (rolling up into the overall Digital Workplace Services delivery roadmap and strategy)
- Working closely with Dyson IT’s Networks Centre of Excellence team to ensure that Digital Workplace Services network requirements are considered within the broader context of Dyson’s global network requirements.
- Create and review high level designs to ensure IT network requirements are captured, designed and delivered.
- Provide network architectural oversight of all aspects of Dyson’s digital workplace estate including end point builds, cloud solutions, management solutions, applications, software etc.
- Reviewing technical designs and recommendations from our Digital Workplace partner(s)/internal teams to ensure network requirements are captured and delivered successfully.
- Creating network technical designs and providing architectural solutions
- Implement solution designs and be able to guide extended teams during the development and deployment of solutions.
- Complete technical delivery ownership of solutions to ensure network standards compliance
- Ensuring that Dyson’s digital workplaces services remain secure and compliant
- Assisting with the preparation of Digital Workplace services business cases (i.e. network resource requirements, ROM’s, high level design etc).
- Participation in Dyson’s technical design authority (TDA) and Solution Review Groups (SRG)
- Develop and deliver short, medium and long-term network roadmaps for Digital Workplace services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Define, implement and communicate a global Digital Workplace network strategy for Dyson and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose and aligned to the broader Global Network Centre of Excellence strategy and standards.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT network risks, capabilities and roadmap.
- Ensure that all designs are created within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, local laws etc
About youYou must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to director level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe.
- An experienced network architect with experience of providing technical leadership within a similar company of scale and complexity.
- Experience of large scale global network transformation to support a broader cloud first strategy
- Have a strong understanding and experience of the following network technologies: LAN, WAN (MPLS, SD-WAN), Wi-Fi, data centre LAN, SD networks, telephony, mobile telephony, unified communications, network management tools, VPN, firewalls, VoIP, SIP, ISDN and cloud connectivity methods
- Multiple communications and voice equipment vendor experience (Cisco, Fortinet, Avaya)
- At least 2 years Cloud provider exposure to virtual networks and devices (preferably Azure)
- Collaborative in approach and able to operate independently and enjoy a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to tight timescales and priorities with a focus on cost control and security in a deadline and outcome driven environment
- Experience of scoping, designing and delivering networking services across multi-site organisations on a global scale
- Design and delivery of network solutions that are secure by default
- Experience in the development of cross functional relationships with both internal teams and third parties.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.