- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThis role sits within the Business Intelligence & Analytics team and is tasked with ensuring that we are able to leverage rich, accurate, timely data that drives reporting and analytics that generate insights and enable data driven decisions. You will help to build out our data landscape by ingesting new data sources, modelling them to meet requirements and following processes in place to ensure the smooth delivery of high availability data that feeds seamlessly into reporting. You will be closely aligned with the requirements from our Business Intelligence and Analytics teams to ensure timely and accurate data is readily available.
Reporting to the Data Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside our Global Data Services team of Data Engineers to ingest, model, and enrich data, leveraging the latest cloud technologies and programming languages.
- Maintaining existing data sources ensuring monitoring is set up and alerting in place.
- Develop and optimise Dyson's data platform to meet specific data and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that data is ingested and analysed in a secure, efficient, and well-governed manner.
- Adhere to our data governance and privacy policies and guidelines.
- Clear and thorough documentation of all development work undertaken
- Delivering work items to specified timelines and requirements
- At least 1 years of experience with data lakes and or data warehouses, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience writing performant SQL & Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Data Analytics Products such as BigQuery, Data Flow, Data Proc etc.
- Desire to learn and embrace new technologies and their functionality
- Awareness of data architecture & design principles
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to think outside the box to find and present solutions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm to explore new technologies, methods and techniques
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.