- £Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success, and we’re looking for a Data Architect to join Dyson's Global Data Services team.
This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business can leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As a part of IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
About the role
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function by developing solutions and processes to deliver the right level of data quality
- Working to accelerate the wider Dyson business by developing and maintain long lasting relationships with senior stakeholders, both during and outside of project delivery
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by supporting a data design work-stream in an agile delivery or on a large-scale ‘waterfall’ delivery project for an enterprise data warehouse or reporting solution
- Delivering data architecture on cutting edge green field R&D engineering projects
- Engaging talent and help us diversify our talent force by leading the data architecture capability and further develop the team
- Owning the definition of data architecture components for information management solutions to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the enterprise in both the operational and analytics spaces
- Producing and approving conceptual, logical and physical architecture diagrams for operational enterprise data and analytics solutions
- Architecting conceptual, logical and physical data models using recognised data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) in standard modelling tools using the ArchiMate modelling language
- Designing the data integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch
- Supporting, defining and managing work packages that deliver elements of an information management solution e.g. data warehouse, data mart, ETL service, operational data store
You’ll be experienced in:
- Data Integration & Federation: e.g. SAP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab Initio, and data integration tools for Hadoop-based architectures
- Data Repositories: e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, DB2, Greenplum, Amazon Redshift, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Enterprise architecture modelling tools: e.g. Sparx EA, IBM System Architect, BiZZdesign, Archi, ArchiMate, UML
- Solid matrix management skills
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends
- Strong architecture and data modelling skills
We’re also looking for:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Embodies a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.