- Information Technology, Data Science
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Data is the lifeblood of any modern organisation and Dyson is no different. Your job as Data Asset Manager will be to own the data catalogue for Dyson, not just building this out as the data architects progress their work, but championing this data across the organisation. Success means that anyone in the business will be able to understand what data we hold, how trustable it is (e.g. good quality), how this information can be used, and how they can access it.
You will be educating the organisation on how to be much more data driven. You will be seen as the data wholesaler for Dyson and our platform will be the “go-to” place for data, preventing new silos to be formed. Understanding Data Assets is now widely regarded as being critical to help drive business value. Data Asset Management (DAM) is the domain which conserves, curates and exploits these valuable enterprise Data Assets. It has the potential to generate significant business impact in every solution delivered within the organisation. Knowledge gained will be used to support both the work being undertaken by the Data Product Managers and the Data Architecture teams, and the wider business.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function by developing solutions and processes to deliver the right level of data quality, accessibility/searchability, and governance
- Responsible for assigning appropriate metadata for assets to ensure accurate usage rights and registering internal and external users to the Digital Asset Management system.
- Responsible for amalgamating availability, quality, governance, accessibility, security, number of users
- Defining, delivering and maintaining a DAM Framework for GDS which encompasses the following viewpoints whilst aligning to the overall Data Strategy:
- Data Asset Models – Looking at GDS and wider IT Data Models
- Data Architectures – Capture Asset Ownership for Entities modelled.
- Data Technology Platforms – Social, Customer, Product, Analytics and Cloud Platforms
- On-premise Platforms – Relational databases, data warehouses – e.g. Microsoft SQL Server
- Big Data Platforms – Platforms utilised in the GDS domain e.g. Google Cloud Platform
- Fast Data Platforms – In-memory Computing – e.g. SAP HANA
- Data Science Platforms – Analytics and insights assets created in the GDS domain.
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- An entrepreneur at heart, capable of making the business talk about data as any other asset of the organisation
- Embodies a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits
- A passion for Data
- Powerful change agent
- Dependent on location;
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines