- Information Technology, Data Science
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager you will shape Dyson's data platform by ingesting, modelling, and enriching data by leveraging the latest cloud technologies and programming languages. You will ensure that data can be ingested and analysed in a secure, efficient, and well-governed manner.
- As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for developing, industrialising, and optimising Dyson's big data platforms across AWS and GCP.
- You will ingest new data sources, write data pipelines, and transform and enrich it using the most efficient methods. Working with data from any source, you will understand the best way to serve it up at scale to a global audience of analysts.
- You will work closely with data architects within the team to ensure that we are building an integrated, performance solution.
- You will have experience with data lakes or cloud data warehouses.
- You have a good knowledge and feel comfortable writing SQL, Python, and preferably Spark.
- You will have worked with cloud technologies such as the Hadoop platform before and are familiar with analytical tools such as Impala, BigQuery, Athena, Snowflake, or Redshift. Essential:
- Cloud technologies and platforms
- Data coding
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines