- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Reporting to the Head of Data Engineering, you will be responsible for
- Leading a team focused on shaping Dyson's data platform by ingesting, modelling, and enriching data across AWS and GCP data platforms.
- Leverage the latest cloud technologies and tools (e.g. Kubernetes, BigQuery, Dataproc, CloudSQL, Pub/Sub, Dataflow).
- Ensuring that data is ingested and analysed in a secure, efficient, and well-governed manner. Ingesting new data sources, writing data pipelines, and transforming and enriching it using the most efficient methods.
- Working with data from any source, understanding the best way to serve it up at scale to a global audience.
- Leading data engineers both technically and team-wise, either onshore or offshore, and ensuring the quality of their work
- Translating business requirements into technical instructions for data engineers
- Working closely with data architects on the team to build an integrated, performant solution
- Demonstrating thought leadership in the data engineering arena; constantly improving
- Taking a pragmatic stance with regards to resource constraints; thinking innovatively
Person specification / Core Competencies:
● Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical matters to stakeholders
● Ability to write and deploy production level code, preferably in an CI/CD fashion
● Experience with data lakes and data warehouses, preferably on AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
● Good knowledge of writing performant, optimized SQL, Python, Airflow, Dataflow and Spark
● Proven ability to manage talent, consistently nurturing and motivating your team
● One or more analytical solutions such as BigQuery, Athena, Redshift, or Snowflake
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.