- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Are you a passionate about data and analytics?
Are you looking for a challenging role within one of the UK’s most interesting and exciting technology companies?
You can become a key member of the data team embedded within Dyson’s ‘Global Quality’ function, part of our world-class RDD facility.
The team you will be joining is responsible for the design and development of data models to support the execution of product reliability and customer perception analysis.
From CRM, email and chat, ERP and MES, to IoT, Consumer Reviews, Surveys and Social Media … the variety of data you will handle will be varied and interesting.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be instrumental in delivering exciting and impactful new analysis to our markets and product categories within the global business and be a key player in helping to shape our new data-driven strategy for Dyson teams.
Data analysis is key for this role, but equally important is an inquisitive attitude and a willingness to work across departments; breaking down knowledge silos and developing a common understanding for the benefit of all. So, to excel in this role, you will need a balance of technical “data” skills, problem solving ability and great communication.
Working in collaboration with Visualization experts and Data Scientists, you will make it your business to improve the current analytical offering in the Quality and Customer Perception arena, putting in the hands of our internal customers advanced visualizations and actionable insights that allow us to better understand what our consumers think about our products.
- Perform critical reviews of our established data processes
- Test their fitness for purpose against the business processes they represent and our analytical requirements
- Explore and evaluate opportunities for improvement
- Present your findings and recommendations
- See the necessary changes through to implementation.
- Administer data collation and preparation processes
- Publish monthly reports highlighting our data portfolio’s health and performance
- Investigate data quality issues and instigate remedial action
- Cultivate close collaborative relationships with other data teams, departments and key stakeholders
- Gather knowledge from around the business
- Work with our developers and the IT Data Engineering Team to implement enhancements and contribute to the Change Management process
- Support the wider Quality Team with ad-hoc data analysis
- Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques
- Organised, outgoing and a strong communicator
- A flare for problem solving, with the ability to spot areas for improvements
- Comfortable working on own initiative
- Able to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, happy working at all levels of the organisation
- Strong SQL skills for both data manipulation and querying is a ‘must have’, ideally using Microsoft SQL Server or Google BigQuery
- Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from concept to implementation
- Experience of Data Quality investigation, code analysis and bug tracking
- Familiarity with the full lifecycle of Data Warehouse projects
- Experience with Cloud database platforms such as Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience with project implementation methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Familiarity with Data Visualization such as Tableau, Looker or Qlik
- Experience in statistical analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge of data integration tools such as SSIS, Talend, Informatica etc.
- Programing skills in Python, Java or C# are a ‘nice to have’
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines