- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s Health & Beauty (H&B) business unit, which includes Environmental Care, Personal Care and Airblade products has ambitious plans to scale. The product range continues to expand into new technologies, markets and categories. To maximise our potential within these areas, it is essential that Dyson demonstrates credibility and superiority within these fields at both a global and local level. The Category Development team has been established to drive strategic analytics, credentialing and commercial engineering activities across the H&B business unit to enable these growth plans.
The Category Development Data Insight Analyst will be responsible for delivering category analytics work packages across H&B, and for the development of the H&B knowledge portal (a site that is accessible to everyone who works within H&B globally). The category analytics work packages involve extracting, blending and analysing data from a variety of different internal and external sources in order to deliver and communicate actionable insights. These insights will be integral to guiding engineering and commercial strategy, sales volume projection, and operational capacity planning for current and future products across the H&B portfolio. The development of the knowledge portal, will involve working closely with the cross-functional content owners, all the analytical teams across Dyson, and collaboration architects to build and evolve the site. The aim is to successfully provide information to support the knowledge and decision making of everyone within H&B.
The ultimate goal of the team is to transform our analytics capability to drive strategic activity, decision making and category development activity, which is key to the growth of H&B.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to maintain the content of the H&B knowledge portal (currently on SharePoint)
- Drive the development the knowledge portal through working closely with the collaboration architects and understanding the needs of the site users
- Extract, blend and analyse data from different data sources (e.g. SQL databases, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, consumer insights and surveys)
- Look for “insights”, analysing and interpreting data, focusing on those that prompt actions and provide business meaning and volume drivers
- Present and communicate your findings to key stakeholders in an effective manner
- Use these insights to support R&D work, Commercial strategies and financial planning
- Identify opportunities to enrich existing data sets or reports with new data feeds
- Develop new reports/dashboards that add value across different business functions
- Passion for improving knowledge sharing and collaboration
- High degree of numeracy and confidence with the techniques of large data set analysis
- Experience analysing and presenting data in Data Visualisation Software packages (e.g. Tableau), and creating/maintaining associated data warehouse/structure
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and data simply
- Degree-level education in relevant area such as computing, mathematics/statistics, business analytics or engineering/sciences
- Experience working in engineering
- Experience of using analytic packages on data warehouses e.g. Hadoop, Redshift, SQL server and SAP Business Warehouse
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL
- Competent programming with a scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Familiarity with using APIs to extract data/information from external data sources
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with SharePoint as a user, and developing SharePoint sites.
· Flexibility to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace
· Conscientious and methodical approach; attention to detail without losing bigger picture
· Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven; thrives under pressure
· Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines