- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Role
Whilst pockets of insight and analytics exist, building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, owning more types of products, across more markets, the volume of data is now vast. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences, campaign development and retailer business planning will all be key to Dyson’s success.This role sits within the EMEA Business Intelligence & Analytics team and is tasked with ensuring that we are able to leverage rich, accurate, timely data that drives reporting and analytics to generate insights and enable data driven decisions. You will own our data ingestion roadmap, lead our modelling capabilities and design supporting processes to ensure smooth delivery of highly availability data that feeds seamlessly into reporting. You will be closely aligned with our Business Intelligence and Analytics teams to ensure requirements and timelines on all deliverables are clear, owning the provision of timely and accurate data. In addition to this you will work closely with our Data Engineers to ensure we adhere to process and best practice within the context of the Dyson Data Platform.
• Lead and develop a team of data analysts and administrators responsible for ingesting, modelling and enriching data.
• Delivery of timely, robust and accurate data that meets project requirements and timelines.
• Work alongside our Global Data Services team to ensure alignment on priorities for key data sources to support market deliverables.
• Develop and implement supporting processes to protect, maintain and enhance our data capabilities.
• Own our data roadmap working with our market and group colleagues to collaborate on delivery.
• Responsible for compliance with data governance and privacy policies.
• Manage proactive communication with stakeholders around data availability, development roadmaps and any/all potential downtime
• At least 2 years previous experience with data lakes and or data warehouses, preferably Google Cloud Platform
• Skilled in writing performant SQL & Python.
• Experience with Google Cloud Data Analytics Products such as BigQuery, Data Flow, Data Proc etc.
• Familiar with data architecture and design principles.
• Working knowledge of data science modelling concepts (desirable)
• Enthusiasm to explore new technologies, methods and techniques.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Person specification / Core Competencies:
• Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to succeed
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to think outside the box to find and present solutions
• Ability to work at a fast pace and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm to explore new technologies, methods and techniques
Benefits•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
•Private medical insurance
•Free on-site parking
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.