- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for a data scientist to help us expand our usage behaviour analysis capability. The key responsibility of this role is to interrogate our connected product data in ways that will underpin a truly data-driven and informed approach to design.
- They will be responsible for driving our understanding of how our customers actually use their products and using this insight to help to identify new product features.
- With access to a unique global dataset, this is an opportunity to use leading techniques/tools in a truly innovative environment.
- Working within NPI to drive insight from IoT data that will feed directly into the design process in order to inform better decision making and shape product features.
- Responsible for exploratory data analysis, including generation and test of new hypotheses to continue to challenge our assumptions.
- Interrogate global data to understand product usage profiles to inform product specifications and strategy
- Create interactive visualisation tools (using industry standard and leading software, such as R Shiny) that enable design teams to make informed decisions.
- Work closely with Data Engineers to continually ensure our data framework is capable of meeting our ambitions.
- Generate new methods/metrics to measure performance of our connected machines.
- Collaborate with research/analysis teams on wider insight initiatives to understand the core problems we are trying to solve with our machines.
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical or relevant scientific discipline. Must be highly numerate with strong pattern recognition ability.
- A good working knowledge of statistical and/or machine learning / data mining algorithms is essential.
- Coding experience essential in data analysis and model development using the R or Python programming language.
- Demonstrable data science experience on practical application.
- Strong communication skills to tell the story from the data and present findings to project teams & senior stakeholders.
- Self-starting and thirsty for knowledge. Always looking for better ways to do things.
- Experience in using SQL based access & AWS would be beneficial.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in IoT or Streaming Analytics.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines